what is the deference between hydraulic wheel and electronic wheel ?

Asked by Aug 22, 2016 at 07:11 PM

some cars are electronic wheel which i don't know what it is ,some are
hydraulic wheel can you help me telling whats the deference between both of
them and which is better over all

31,425

You are probably referring to the steering. For many years power steering was accomplished by assisting the steering effort with hydraulic pressure. This hydraulic pressure is generated at the hyraulic pump commonly referred to as the power steering pump. Newer technology is to use an electric motor to provide the steering effort assist. This electric motor is part of the steering gear mechanism. The benefit of electric versus hydraulic is that the engine does not have to constantly spin a hydraulic pump and that saves energy and improves fuel mileage. Electric is more efficient and hydraulic is a long proven technology. I am not sure which one is better than the other.