What's really wrong with my car

10

Asked by Feb 24, 2014 at 02:46 AM

2004 Altima check engine light came on, found 3 codes p0113, p0301,p0102. Changed ignition coil for p0301 code, which is a misfire for cylinder 1, but later received another code p0302 which is a misfire in cylinder 2. My car is having trouble starting at times and has a loss of power upon acceleration as well as headlights that keep going out. Can anyone please help me with this? Thanks

59,175

P0113 is intake air temperature sensor circuit, P0102 is mass airflow volume low. These are probably what is causing the misfire codes on cylinders 1 & 2. Have you recently had work done that may have involved removing the air intake hose? That's where these two sensors and associated wiring are located. HTH. -Jim

10

Thanks for the response! Yeah I had to change the filter as well as the headlights and it required that I removed the intake hose. I was told to clean the MAF sensor or replace it but I still don't think its the problem. I recently had trouble starting the car and white smoke that smelled like gas came out of the exhaust for the first 2min the car was on.

59,175

I see. I'd definitely double check that air intake hose and those two sensors. HTH. -Jim