2003 Buick Rendevous

Asked by May 07, 2014 at 02:42 PM

I drive a company owned 2003 Buick Rendevous. The engine overheated several times
and we had to have the head gaskets replaced. Since then while driving down the road
at pretty much any speed, the engine will cut out to the point of almost stalling out. At
first I thought it was a transmission issue, although I am not a "car guy" because it
seemed to do this whenever the transmission needed to shift up or down. The
mechanic said it was because it was almost out of gas (even though I had driven it
close to 50 miles the day it first had the problem. He said he put gas in it and it cquit
doing it. But it still does it. ant ideas what could be causing this?

165

find a new mechanic please could be a long list of things youll need to take it to some one whom can run a obd scan To give you an idea could rang from a fuel pressure regulator to a shift sensor as the need to run a full scan