Vauxhall Combo 1.3 CDTI Starting Problem

Asked by Oct 27, 2016 at 03:41 PM

Hello everyone!
I have a Vauxhall Combo 2007 1.3CDTI,
today I have run out of diesel, fuelled it up,
started it fine, when I went to pull away it
died.
For the first time it was just clicking but
won t do anything, tried bump starting it,
didn t work, had ignition.
Then I lost everything, no ignition nothing.
I have then tried to connect a jump starter
cables to my friends car,but as soon as I
connected it it started go spark a lot, not
like at usual jump start and it tried to start
itself, the lights came on and kept on
turning over but disconnected it quickly as
it was constantly sparking.
Any suggestions?
Thank you.

34,895

It sounds like you reversed polarity when you jump started the car. Some diesel fuel systems have to be bled when you run out of fuel. I would check your owners manual for any instructions in this case.

Thank you for your answer, usually yes but it was all connected properly. I have held the revs up while starting it up and it was running fine. But now my ignition has gone completely and when I try to jump start it it tries to turn over and want to start even without key.

34,895

Reversing polarity could burn out all kinds of things. I have never heard of things sparking when connected properly.