2001 Saleen Supercharged 30000 miles

Asked by Dec 04, 2013 at 04:13 PM

We need help! We have a 2001 Saleen that had an error msg on the computer. The
mechanic sent it to "Saleen" to have it flashed. This is what I know and need help with
clarification on what happened. The mechanic put in the computer that still wasn't fixed
and sent the car back. We drove the car and because it was running too "lean" no gas
got into the pistons causing the engine to blow. I now have $9000.00 into a new engine.
I had a different mechanic do the rebuild as didn't trust the mechanic who I believe was
the cause of the blown engine. The two mechanic's race vehicles together and the one
who did the rebuild does not want to point fingers at the other. All feedback on what
happened is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3,855

you seem to already know what happened. probably exactly what you suspect, but the only one who knows for 100% is the guy who rebuilt the engine.