RCZ to America

Asked by Sep 26, 2010 at 09:20 PM

Why are Peugeot's not allowed in America?! I want a RCZ . I am seeing that emissions and safety standards are what is keeping it from being importable, but on this particular model I don't see emissions or safety issues when it comes to meeting regulations? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

145

First it's very expensive to certify a car for sale in the USA, and equally as expensive to set up a dealer network and parts supply. Plus, Peugeot management is a bunch of idiots- I owned one of the last Peugeots sold in the USA- a 1989- and getting parts was an absolute nightmare. France would NOT listen to the folks that ran Peugeot North America on anything- colors, equipment, models OR parts supplies.