Brakes

Asked by Dec 21, 2015 at 09:06 AM

My 2008 opel corsa 1.4 only the right side brakes
is working,left side not

16,790

Did you just recently have any brake work done ? Can you explain a little more on left side not working like left side front or back or both ?

The left front brake pads was still new while the right side was worn out,if I press the brake pedal it sometimes feel like standing on a rock and when braking it move to the side

16,790

Ok you have one of three problems 1. Piston is seized in caliper 2. Collapsed brake hose 3. Hardware to caliper is rusted up not allowing caliper to move.

Tx mate,what should I do?

16,790

After braking what side does the vehicle pull to the left or the right ?

16,790

The side the brake pads are worn out on are both pads worn or is it the inner pad or outer pad that is worn ?

It pulls to the left,when the brake pads were to be replaced,both outer and inner left brake pads were still new,only the right sied were worn

16,790

Ok so the right side is worn is the inner and outer pad worn down evenly or is one worn more then the other ? When I say inner pad that is the one that goes onto the caliper.

The right side outer is slightl more worn than the inner

16,790

Can you spin the rotor or is it tight and will not turn ? Going by the outer pad being more worn then the inner pad you need to replace the guides that the caliper slides on and use brake grease to lubricant the guides and slide pins.

Ok will do and keep u inform tx.

My girlfriend drove the car this morning,probably in 3rd gear too long now if I turn the engine on,i can't get into the gears only if the engine is switched off

16,790

So you got the brakes working now it will not go into gear ? Is it a hydraulic or manual clutch system ?

Hydraulic

16,790

Check the clutch master cylinder is it empty or full?

Where is it positioned

16,790

Under the hood near the brake master cylinder. It to connected to the clutch pedal rod it pushes in clutch master cylinder when clutch is applied.

Hi firebird,the mechanic said that something in the gearbox was broken too.all fixed thanx to you I gain experience.After fixing everything I noticed the electric windows work only if I keep my finger on the button and dont work when pressing the button on the car key

16,790

Do not understand your question. Are you saying your windows work when button on car key is pressed or clicked ?

The window buttons used to fuctioned pressing it once close n open now I have to keep my finger on the button to close/open,mechanic was talking about disconnecting the battery to reset the window memory

16,790

That is one thing you can try if does not work remove window switch panel from door panel and check connections if still does not work maybe switch itself.

Will do so tx