Hi i have a opel astra 1.6i i dont have problems with the idling it starts easy in the morning, will im driving i have to accelerate otherwise it has a jerk while driving on the free if i keep it at 120 kmp it jerks slightly all the time if i accelerate its ok then can anyone help me with this?

30

Asked by Feb 18, 2015 at 02:51 AM

i need some advice

33,545

What year is the car?

30

Its a 1996

33,545

Sounds like a misfire issue. Try changing the plugs and wires, cap and rotor if it has one. If no change, try a new throttle position sensor. One of the symptoms of a bad TPS is hesitation and jerking.

30

Thank you i will look at that and get back to you.

30

Hi Reeling68 i have replaced the the throttke body sensor, cleaned the idle control valve and air sensor, i have replaced the coil pack new plug leads new spark plugs new petrol filter and air filter i still have the same problem do you have any other sugestions for me?

33,545

Before you spend any more money on parts, is your check engine light on, and if so, have you had any of the codes read?

30

When i start it the check light goes off immediately.

33,545

I've researched other forums with the "jerking" issue. One person cured it with a new EGR valve, while another cured it with a new ignition module. It's odd that the check engine light goes out. I believe if it only flashes for a moment, there should be a code stored in the computer.