Why hasn't Car Guru got the MG ZT?

95

Asked by Jan 08, 2008 at 08:05 PM

Designed from the ground up by the boys at Bimmer and built using their parts. Voted European Car of the Year for 1999 with its brother the Rover 75 and in 2000 won Most Beautiful Car of a Generation by the Automobile Writers Association and yet... Car Guru has never heard of it!!!

Why not???

And the MG ZT-T too for that matter

Duh! Duh!---lol-pap.

40,295

Send us some pictures, write a review, etc. Being an American-based company we have a bulk of users who are from the States and I don't believe this car is available over here yet.

put your back into it and woop it.

6,495

as for it not being in the US, my guess would be that it looks like any other bimmer but with a Bently rear, if MG thought that it would sell here they would have imported it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_ZT this is the site I checked it out on. looks ok but nothing special. I guess it wasn't that big of a car over there "Production of the cars ceased in 2005 amidst financial turmoil at MG Rover" This is a quote right from the site. Does this quote mean that it is now chinese? "Nanjing Automobile of China purchased MG Rover in July 2005, three months after the company went bankrupt. Production of the MG ZT effectively resumed in early 2007 in the form of the MG 7" Looks ok as I said, but I can't truely say anything because I never drove/seen one.

Best Answer
95

No MG 7 as yet but still very true. The last MGs were sold off at auction and some fetched virtually nothing. Rover was once a symbol for British Automobile excellence at affordable prices. Quality priced to sell in quantity. Unfortunately by the late 90's sales were declining, costs were increasing and cracks started to appear. The Phoenix Corporation 'sprang up' and cutting a long story short ripped off BMW, Rover staff and partners and the British Government and people to the tune of $1.2 billion. Now the Chinese own it (like they will do everything soon) and one day again we will see Rovers again. They're great cars... or at least they were. Great idea Car Guru buddies, i shall do a review of MG ZT.

the M G was not that reailible of a car in the 70,s

35

You should try the official sites or even the groups on facebook - I set one up called MG Sport and Racing. You didn't see MG Rover in the US 'cos it'd be so expensive to promote it over there - besides your country's responsible for the Mustang - 'nuff said really. A (Rover engined) Lotus can beat one of those!

35

I don't think they're unreliable - you should try a Ford - they always seem to let me down. Italian and French cars are by far the most unreliable from Europe. Come to think of it my ZS only ever had one fault and mr Rover 45 was a perfect runner (pity I sold it really!) The story about Phoenix isn't really fair - BMW left them up the creek without a paddle: Remember the (Rover designed) new Mini and the Land Rover range that suddenly weren't part of the company anymore? They also had insisted that the brand got a retro look as they couldn't handle the competition - LOSERS!