Please help 1995 chevy blazer

10

Asked by Jul 22, 2017 at 06:17 PM

My blazer sounds like its not getting gas.
Had a fuel pump put in last year, went to
start it and it sounds like it wants to start but
wont, the fuel gauge went to over full and it
only has a half tank please help,

1,570

Best thing to do is test fuel pressure with a gauge at the fuel rail Schrader valve. Also sounds like your sending unit in the tank (on the fuel pump) is not working. Fuel pressure should be 58-62 psi and hold with engine off. These 4.3 engines have issues with spider fuel systems it could be this.

10

Thank u, I no nothing about cars sounds like it is out of gas but I no it has gas and its saying its full but its really a half tank.have no clue how to fix it.

70,255

Sounds like the fuel pump module in the gas tank is not getting power. When the gas gauge swings past full the sending unit, which is part of the fuel pump module, has lost power. This can prevent the fuel pump from running. HTH. -Jim

10

So I can assume the tank needs to come out and go from there?

70,255

Unfortunately, yes. HTH. -Jim