Where is the temperature sensor on a 81 280zx?

10

Asked by Jul 19, 2017 at 03:14 PM

There are many sensors in the same area and I
want to make sure I order the right one. Thank you
all.

70

Water temperature sensor? if car it has an extra switch for water temp. both us and Can cars have the sensors for water temperature just under the thermostat housing ( front of engine, right beside the valve cover ). you will have 3 or 4 sensor there, thermotime, water temp and one other, can't remember name right now I do not have the book with me but I would assume that is where your getting your signal for the guage in the car. However, if your water temp sensor connection was bad then your car would run bad or not run at all, so I would lean towards the connection in the dash to the display?

10

Thank you for your help yet I wanted to know ecaxtly where the temperature sensor that sends the reading to the gage is. I was told by a mechanic it needs the sensor or switch whatever they are called since it's not working at all and I cannot pass smog w o it. I tried snogging it and everything passed except for that area when it idles on 25mph or lower