95 suabru

Asked by Jul 05, 2017 at 04:34 AM

I was driving the other say going about 70 mph, but
I was in 3rd gear. I didn't realize it. Until aftee my
break and battery light came on. Could that have
caused my alt to get fried?

98,335

Very possible, it was most likely overspeed caused internal componets just come apart, if this rig does not have an operational tach I would have an aftermarket installed and the redline set to prevent over revving of the engine as it can also be damaged by sustained high rpm.

50,665

Did the belt stay on or did it come off?

Blet stayed on and seems tight. I just don't understand why those lights came on. Normally they only come on for the alt. Could you fellas think of any other possibilities?

98,335

Your right, Subaru and Toyota both combined those light when there was something wrong with either system, I guess to grab your attention. what is the alternator output? if it is below 13.8 volts then something is happening to the charging system.

I also was having break issues is in the back. But I believe changing the breaks fixed that break issue so the only reason I can think of is cause I drove it in 3rd.