how worried should i be running at 225 Degrees and what else could i be missing?

Asked by Jun 08, 2017 at 07:04 PM

my 2002 ford  Taurus 3.0 V6  ffv is running hot I've changed the thermostat
and flushed the radiator, new plugs, air filter, oil change and oil filter and it
says its running at 225 degrees (after market temp gauge) no leakage of
coolant and the radiator fins are good. does not stall or overheat air
conditioning works great doesn't blow hot air.

73,035

Have you purged the cooling system from air after refilling it? If not then here is a sight on how to do that... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpXgAJ1gjU

1,875

as I remember 225f isn't unreasonable , it should reach an operating temp. and stay there . It could be normal .

Best Answer

I've purged

73,035

225° F is high for the coolant temperature. I would find someone with a inferred temperature gauge to verify the coolant temperature, or a good scanner would also read the coolant temperature. Possible the gauge is off. If your coolant temperature is running steady at what the gauge says, then it is possible that the water pump is bad. The impeller on the water pump erodes away, and cannot circulate the coolant properly.