2006 chevy silverado 3500 air conditioning zone issue

10

Asked by May 16, 2017 at 12:54 PM

I turn the air conditioner on for both of zones and initially the right side will be hot and the left side will be cold. After a couple minutes it will switch on its own and the right side will be cold and the left side will be hot.  The actuators seem to work hot and cold but I'm not sure why they would switch on their own and I am unable to get cold out of both sides at the same time.

69,575

The actuator flap control is bad.

10

Follow up. The actuator flap to both sides or just one side. My understanding is that there is a left and a right side actuator

69,575

You are correct,there is a left and a right actuator,and if it flip,s on it,s onto one side or the other,you may want to check the control panel assembly ,meaning the slide dial on your dash,some are vacume controled while other,s are electric,but that sounds like that may be where your issue is,

10

Makes sense. Thanks