2007 chrysler sebring

Asked by May 06, 2017 at 11:17 PM

I have a 2007 chrysler sebring that I replaced the head
gasket on. The car started just fine before I replaced it. I
pulled the timing cover back off and made sure I set the
timing properlyou. Now it cranks but will not start any
suggestions?

210

If you know how to do timing...pull the spark plug on cylinder one it's located close to serpentine belt and put secrw drive inside the spark plug hole turn the crank shift on clockwise until you see the mark on crank pully it's close to 1 ..there is mark on top of crank pully 0----1 then you will see the secrw drive comes on top when the mark close to 1 that's mean you have good timing. .and repeat that again two rotation for crank pully will eqail on rotation for cam mark...I hope this will help you with engine 2.4

52,595

A compression test will tell you if the timing is close. After installing the timing belt....did you turn the engine by hand a couple of rotations in the direction in normally runs? If not it may have jumped time when you started it. Maybe you left an electrical connector loose?