Ram truck

Asked by Apr 23, 2017 at 10:16 PM

I have a 02 Dodge Ram an all of a sudden it don't move
once I put it in drive or reverse. It's sits there like it's still in
park . I checked the fluids an they are fine

98,345

It called keep alive memory circuit that your referring too as CMOS and on a vehicle even if it was blown the computers will relearn after a short drive time. This sounds like it could be a defective gear selector switch not telling the TCM what gear it is suppose to be in, total shift solenoid failure, transmission circuit open, or even a dead tranny. A good transmission shop can plug in and run separate test to find out if it is a failure on any of the components I have stated and then tell what it is going to take to fix it.

98,345

They just keep getting worse and worse don't they. Like the man said its not if but when.