Garaged Bentley

10

Asked by Apr 23, 2017 at 08:16 AM

Thinking of purchasing a 2008 with very low miles. It's
been in a garage, not started, for 3 years. Was told it
would take at least 50k to get in running order. Does that
sound reasonable??

73,065

No, $50,000 does not sound reasonable, take that money and buy something new.

10

Would it really cost $50g to get that car running? It's in absolute mint condition.

73,065

$50K to get it running, I was just looking on line at them, high priced cars I see. If you really want this car, be practical. Research what parts it would need and price them out. I see all kinds of other Bentley cars for $70 to $80 in running condition. I still don't think it is practical, you would have a lot of money into this car, and you would have to ask yourself if the car is worth it...

69,465

I guess it depends on what was wrong with it when it was parked. Does it have a blown engine or transmission or both! Ask why was it parked and left unused for the past 3 years? Did the previous owner pass away and his family has been trying to sell it ever since? Usually people don't just park cars and forget about them for no reason. Of course if you have the money for a Bentley, who knows? You also have to ask yourself what's happened to the car while it's been in storage. Have critters invaded it and chewed up the wiring, ruined the upholstery, and done other damage? Has it been exposed to a leaking, poorly maintained garage? Dampness can really ruin a car. You'll have to deal with mold, mildew, etc. if it's been sitting in a high humidity environment the past 3 years! Definitely some things to consider and ask about. HTH. -Jim