Car buying

30

Asked by Apr 20, 2017 at 12:30 AM

Im 19, I have some money for a down and then monthly payments. Never had
a car before or driver license, but my sister does and parents. And I just wanna
buy a used car for my family as a surprise. Do I have to qualify to get one?
Cant I just pay with cash or check?

76,765

Cash is always accepted. If you have to finance the car you will need to fill out a loan application at a bank or credit union. I am not sure what they will say if they find out you don't have a drivers license but good luck! Nice that you are thinking of your family!

30

What if its a private seller, what do you think?

76,765

Be very careful if you are paying cash. I would do the transaction at the bank or credit union if you are financing the car. If you are paying cash, do the transaction at the DMV. Do have the car inspected by a mechanic and make sure it passes smog requirements for your state. You should go to your states DMV website and read up on car buying.

76,765

Yes - have a trusted older adult that knows cars guide you through this process. You don't want your good intentions to turn into a nightmare.

20

Lots of lenders on internet, and Ebay linked, you can use, they finance even from private seller

2,045

I was 16 when I bought my first car for $375.....had my dad drive me up to the owner and check it out. I learned a lot about the repair and maintenance of the car. Sold it for $1500 when I went off to the US Navy. Car experience was cool. What kind of car do u dream about....I will guide u along the way. Best regards

30

Haha thanks guys! These are some serious solutions. Wish it could be as easy as paying in cash and going on my way! I was looking at a used mini cooper, it looks like a deal and its the only private seller in my area. If there are any good listings you know of in Temecula, Ca let me know, Thanks x2

2,045

Here are all the cars for sale in Temecula CA....used.....just pick a fav http://www.iseecars.com/used_cars-t10492-for-sale-by-owner-temecula-ca

76,765

I would avoid the Mini, these cars can have a lot of problems. Be smart and do lots of research on car problems before buying. Read reviews too.

2,045

Smart and logical

30

Okay I will start on research