when is a used car at its best price point? meaning year, millage when do you get the best deal? is it 3 years with 36,000 or 5 years with 80,000 or 3 years with 60,000? Thanks

Asked by Apr 17, 2017 at 02:56 PM

Look for a Truck. I have been looking at Ford F150 14'

73,885

Older cars with really low miles are probably the best buy but are hard to find. F-150's hold their value well so it is hard to say. Personally I think it is best to buy new and keep them for 10 years or more but that is my experience.

69,275

A new vehicle takes it's biggest hit depreciation wise the moment you drive it off the lot. When the manufacturer changes to a new body style it takes another hit. If not buying new, I'd say a vehicle that's 1 to 4 years old or the last year of the old body style and no more than 10,000 miles per year for the age of the vehicle. HTH. -Jim