Out of state purchase

Asked by Apr 17, 2017 at 04:38 AM

If I bought a car through a car guru from out of
state private seller or dealer can it be delivered?

250,725

Your not really buying it through Cargurus. You have to work with the seller/dealer to ship the car to you or contact your own auto transporter. Make sure you or someone (3rd party companies who inspect vehicles) checks it out before purchase so there are no surprises.

25,745

you may want to get your own quote on shipping a car, it can be quite expensive, a few to several hundred dollars. Also be sure to use a temporary or throw-away email account if you use any online quote system, as they will spam you for years afterwards.

I saw a car that I likes on Cargurus and it's in NJ and I live in New Mexico, is it possible to trade in my car for the one I saw on cargurus in NJ???

25,745

You would have to travel to NJ to make the deal with that dealer. Assuming it's a dealer and not a private seller, most will take a trade-in. But you are going to rack up travel expenses, so is it worth it to travel that far to make a car deal? That's up to you.

Thank you so much Ken