How to contact customer service?

Asked by Feb 25, 2017 at 05:55 PM

We had found a car that we loved that had all of the
features that we wanted. After driving 11 hours to
purchase the car with the CarGurus listing found
out that the information was incorrect! It was to
have the entertainment system, tow package and
remote start. When we got there it didn't  have a
tow package or remote start. This has been an
expensive trip for us and with the false statements
posted on this site We drove for something that we
could have bought in our surrounding area!! How
can we make this right. This was not a dealership
mistake there info was correct..but I found it on this
site trusting the info was correct!!

113,535

Go to the bottom of the page and ckick on CONTACT US and send them a message

Best Answer Mark helpful
55,265

The sellers post all of the information in the advertisements.

Oh Bob thank you except I was reading the information on this site. Can you not trust it to be true?

263,985

I'll reiterate what Bob said. The ads are produced by the sellers, not car gurus. So if the information was incorrect, it was a typo. Most dealers copy information from one ad to another to save time and mistakes happen. Sorry you had to drive 11 hrs to find out. I would verify vehicle information with the seller even if it was a 1hr drive myself. Again this is a listing site. Always verify the information with the seller or dealer first. Check this information....https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/TermsOfUse.html

Tom, thank you for your response but slightly confused... the dealer said the complete opposite. Meaning, they noted that they do not specifically post on your site and that your site transfers info from their website to yours? I did not go specifically to their site because I would have never thought to look for a small suburb Toyota dealership. That's why we use your site as a searching tool. The term typo to me means a mispelled word not the addition of two features not included on the car. The implication that we did not do our due diligence...Is a point that looking back I should have read back to the seller the 100 list items that the car offers. After this experience I guess that is what is needed. I would hate for this to happen to anyone else even if they are only driving 1 hour away. As you know car shopping can be daunting and this added mistake is extremely frustrating. So..you do not put info on your site from car dealers? They are responsible for putting it on your site? Is the the correct spot to be corresponding with you? Or should I be sending an email?

I can't respond to the person interested in my car??

The information may come from the dealer for the features, but what about the accident information. I was about to drive 4 hours to buy a car I saw on another site. When I looked it up on Cargurus it said frame damage. The dealer is insisting it is a mistake, and the car only hit a curb with less than $500 damage. They would be be going to a lot of trouble to lie, and I am thinking this could be a mistake. I am trying to find out. Any suggestions? My CarFax only lists accident with right front damage. It could just be a new rim and alignment. Help!

I put in a complaint to car guru and never heard back from them. There is a dealer advertising false information on cars. His add states the car has 72,000 miles on it but when I get there it has 111,000 miles on it. That was about 6 days ago. The same car is still advertised as only having 72,000 miles on it. Car gurus should have some oversight on false advertisement.

ad

I have purchased a car and want no more advertising in my email--if you don't quit i will never consider you in the future. deghidoni@gmail .com

My Honda is listed, but I lowered it To $8,000. It is still @ @9,000 on the ads that you see first. Please set add to $8,000.It is the one to the left right now.