2000 chevy lumina over heating but never to hot

Asked by Feb 20, 2017 at 05:34 PM

The temp hand never gets into the red .i was told that coolant line that runs around and behind the intake then into the engine has a sensor or valve that goes bad causes it to over heat like that . Ihave no clue myself could somebody help me out please

22,915

The temperature gauge on most cars is "very nice", BUT, no more accurate than an idiot light...So, I would be extremely villigant about keeping your radiator system running at top efficiency, changing the coolant when required and regular inspections. If you think that's EXPENSIVE, it will be cheap compared to blown head gaskets or valve damage. Overheating is possibly the worst thing you can do to your car.