Does anyone check to see if the dealers are being true. There has bee a Silverstone Jaquar ad on your site for over three months. The first month it was advertised at $9,995. I called the dealer in Teterboro, NJ to go see the car. They said that a red light went on and they had to take it to the shop. They took my telephone # & said they will call me back. A month later the car is advertised at $10,995. I call again & told acr is in the shop & they will call me. Don't hear from them & today I see the car advertised @ $11,995. This is a scam you should look into to save Car Gurus reputation.

Asked by Feb 14, 2017 at 04:20 PM

28,005

How can any web site like CarGurus or Craigslist confirm an ad is true? All they can do is filter out the obvious spam ads, something few other sites actually do. I can create a listing on Autotrader or Cars.com or anywhere, even the newspaper classifieds, and list it for a bogus price or list a car with no intention of actually selling it, or use it as a "bait and switch" lure. The only thing this site can do is allow reviews to be posted of dealers. Unfortunately no web site can remove all the pitfalls and caveats related to car buying. If you have a bad experience of this dealer leave feedback here, might save someone else the hassle of dealing with them.

54,585

CarGurus doesn't have a reputation that needs worried about, but the dealer in question should be avoided. Also a dealer can ask anything they want for a car. Move on....