2000 jimmy

Asked by Jan 08, 2017 at 02:19 PM

My jimmy four wheel drive is stuck in 2low

98,565

Most common problem is the transfer case shift motor, if you cant get it to run by tapping on it with a small hammer while someone holds the button on another setting then you can remove the motor and manually turn the pawl to the 2WD section, then unplug the motor assembly, you just need to make sure you are on flat level ground and no load on the drive train. Then just cover the hole with some duct tape until you can get a transfer case shift motor.

50,835

In addition to the above....I would check the fluid level and the condition of the fluid in the transfer case while I was getting the shift motor sorted out. Sometimes no lubricant in the transfer case causes problems.