MUSTANG II

Asked by Dec 31, 2016 at 09:44 AM

Do not attempt to install a 351 Windsor in
a Mustang II .

54,445

Well duh, 351 is too wide at the heads isn't it?

27,935

Yeah, lots of modders from the 70's through 80's learned what a PITS that swap was. The II's 302 came with a special oil pan to clear the rack to make it work for the 351 you have to go with the front sump pan, or ditch the power steering and go to a manual rack, then you have the starter location on the stock bell housing again more interference with oil pan. 351 headers require mods to inner fenders, battery box (battery has to go somewhere else), it can be done but does need extensive planning and modifications. I think the better approach is to rebuild a stock 302 make it a stroker.

54,445

The deck height of the block makes the 351W about 2 inches wider than a 302. The 302 is a tight fit in the Mustang II anyway.

I have a 351 bored 30 over with headers in my Mustang two the modifications come under the car to the crossmember and to the drive shaft taking off the weight around it. It can be done without moving the battery and I have never changed anything about my inner Fender Wells or frame in the engine compartment. I run a manual rack

And the oil pan my apologies, had to make one custom. But thats about it