Surely someone can answer this riddle???

55

Asked by Nov 25, 2016 at 01:23 AM

Can a fuel pressure regulator keep fuel from goin through injectors? My fuel is
stopping at fuel rail and not going through the injectors. I can see the fuel line
at the rail filling with pressure. Kept the injectors connected but out the engine
and cranked it but no fuel came out. Someone please help

55

have a 2003 Audi TT. That cranks but won't start. Fuel is making it to the fuel rail but that's as far as it goes. I can spray starter fluid, or gas in the intake and it starts. I took the rail off with the injectors still on it and cranked it but no fuel comes out, makes it to the rail but doesn't come out injectors. Could this be a bad fuel pressure regulator? Because that's where the fuel seems to stop. The fuel line that goes on the rail kinda balloons from all the fuel pressure but it's stopping in the fuel rail. I took everything off the rail and it is very clean inside and has no clogs. Can someone tell me what's goin on? Do I have a bad fuel regulator or injectors? And if injectors can they all go bad at once? And can a bad regulator keep fuel from the engine?

104,285

You may have fuel at the rail but you will need the correct pressure in order to start the car. You will need to see what the pressure is, for most cars its about 45 to 65 pounds...

95,275

Joemom is right about fuel pressure, it has to be right for the injectors to fire the stream properly, but if they all don't fire you may have a blown injection fuse or the injector driver has been fried in the main processor unit, a "Noid" light is usually the best way to test for injector power and ground pulse but you can use low amperage test light in a pinch.

55

How do I test the pressure if I don't have a spot on the rail to plug a tester up? And for my car it's 36lbs. But it seems like it has a great deal of pressure. At the fuel line where it connects to the rail. And I've researched the Audi TT and can't find a injector fuse anywhere

95,275

A good fuel pressure test kit will have all the fittings you will need to hookup a fuel pressure gauge for your car, a good kit will run about 300 bucks. However if you have never done this type of work, it is not recommended for the novice as you could not only burn the car up but yourself included. If the fuse is not marked for injectors then your next step is to find a good shop manual, one with wiring diagrams and componets locator.