Carb in a 1988 mazda b2200

Asked by Nov 24, 2016 at 12:31 PM

I am rebuilding the carburetor in my 1988 mazda
b2200 the diagram shows a screen in pump check  
I have purchased 2 rebuild kits and neither
contains the screen where can I find this and does
it necessarily need to be included in reassembly

115,265

Yes you want to install the screen but just clean the old one.

118,305

If you have the old screen just clean it and put it back in but it i not an integral part of the carb, the factory put it there to catch some of the rubber line residue that made it past the filters. If you feel that you need the extra screening you can add an additional filter just before the carb.

Is it possible to get a just a new spring to replace the idle spring? I was told I probably need a new spring as my idle seems a bit high but turning the spring doesn't do much. If possible Is it easy to do?

118,305

What spring? The one around the file jet, the idle stop spring or the throttle shaft return spring? Good luck finding anything stock unless you happen to find one at a wrecking yard.

Good question! I'll have to ask my step-father. It was probably the idle or throttle as those are the only two I know to fool around with when the engine starts running roughly. If I find one at a wrecking yard are they easy to get in?

118,305

Yeah those are fairly easy, if it is the idle jet sparing you need to be careful you don't nick the o-ring.