What does it mean a car has no accident?

10

Asked by Nov 23, 2016 at 10:13 PM

I looked at a yellow gallardo in San Carlos, CA, and before the fix it had broken
taillight, cracked rear bumper alumimum, cracked rear quarter panel, and
broken unreplaced hood support strut.  The carfax that the salesman sent me
shows no accident.  Can someone explain to me why that does not constitute
as an accident?

69,285

Not all accidents are reported to Car Fax.

68,435

Exactly, like for example if someone back into a telephone pole and just drove home. Then never submitted an insurance claim. HTH. - Jim

10

Is that legal because I thought you have to report all accident above $750?

68,435

If the person didn't have full coverage insurance and the accident was their fault no insurance claim would have been filed. So the accident wouldn't have been reported to Carfax. Obviously the vehicle wasn't repaired so there's no repair facility to report to Carfax either. HTH. -Jim