I have a 1998 mecury sable. Check engine light has been on and obdII codes p0174 (system additive fuel to lean bank 2) & P1744 ( torque converter clutch stuck) found. I was able to erase the codes, an

205

Asked by Nov 21, 2016 at 05:16 PM

I have a 1998 mercury sable. Check engine light has been on and obdII  
codes po174(SYSTEM ADDITIVE FUEL to lean bank 2) & p1744(torque
converter clutch stuck) found . I was able to erase the codes, and the
check engine light went off. However, the car Hesitates after being stop at a
light "somtimes" for 2 seconds then runs fine. I belive it is somthing with the
p1744 code, tORQUE CONVERTER  CLUTCH STUCK. What can I do if
this is the reason for the hesitation? What else can I try? Thank you,
Fixsalot.

475

Clear code, Trade In. Someone else's expensive problem. Your cars legal now, if its old enough to consent to sex with you it's going to try and f you. Walk away from repairs over $1000.

261,765

P0174 is usually caused by a dirty MAF. go onto youtube and search clean MAF. Use CRC MAF cleaner and follow the instructions. P1744 is a transmission code. Either dirty fluid, or low fluid to a Faulty Torque convertor or solenoid. You can try replacing the fluid and see if helps first. If not then time for a rebuilt trans.

Best Answer Mark helpful