Volvo is replacing the engine in my 2015 XC70 (113,500 miles) due to an oil consumption issue. The area Volvo representative has made an offer to give me $4,000.00 towards the purchase of a new car. I didn't know that options exist for me. Are there, and what are they (options) Thank you

Asked by Nov 21, 2016 at 12:20 PM

This is my 8th Volvo.  I've never had a lemon.
I'm curious if I have other options i.e., refund?

76,885

I doubt they will buy the car back. Is that 4k only for a new Volvo or is it cash so that you can buy what you want? If you fix it you can sell it with a new engine and maybe get a good price. If the money is in lieu of fixing the engine I might opt to get the engine fixed as it will cost them a lot more than 4k to fix it, probably nearly double that.