how to transfer a car when bank holds title

5

Asked by Nov 13, 2016 at 09:05 AM

Question type: Car Selling & Trading In

21,975

Hire a cat burglar, you know, one of those ninja guys in the movies, and get him to break into the bank and get the title- then bribe the DMV clerk to overlook the "Lien" part and get a new title- see? SIMPLE!!

237,215

You pay the loan off and the bank released the title. Search online for more info. plenty of info out there.

24,345

If you bought a car and need to transfer ownership to yourself with the bank holding the title, they issue you a 'certificate of title.' If you are attempting to sell a car with the bank still holding the title, you need to pay them off first, then they'll send you the title. That process can take several days so you'll need a patient buyer. Sometimes the lien-holder will issue you another certificate of title so the new buyer can get temporary tags, and some title bureaus will accept a bill of sale to issue temp tags, so that gives you 30 days to get the title to the buyer.