I have s 2008 chevy Colorado that I just purchased. All I have is the ignition key. Is it equipped for a remote keyless entry? How can I tell?

Asked by Nov 04, 2016 at 11:55 AM

1,120

Any GM dealer parts department should be able to run the vin number and tell you if your car had remote...standard or optional. I suspect it had remote standard........... Try one of the online sellers of remotes and they can probably tell you if it was standard and sell you the correct remote and how to program the remote

66,055

If the VIN doesn't tell you, the RPO sticker on the inside of the glove box door will. The Chevy Dealer can give you the option codes to look for on the sticker. HTH. -Jim