Sell Jeep with engine replacement needed

Asked by Oct 28, 2016 at 06:20 PM

Is it possible to sell a Jeep Grand Cherokee (2005) 5.7 V8 that needs a new engine? If so, how do I figure out asking price? Otherwise ran fine...until water pump blew and took headgaskets with it...

85,585

You can try and sell it but you won't get much. Your choices are to try and sell it, junk it or fix it. Fixing it might end up costing more than the Jeep is worth so think about that - buyers will be.

I know I will not get much. But wondering what is fair. We were offered $75.00.

263,735

Don't take it, too low. You can scrap the truck for around $250, call a few salvage/junk yards in your area. Might be less with the tow. Where do you have it listed? I would be patient, list it at $800 and see what happens.