How do I check my brake fluid

5

Asked by Oct 22, 2016 at 01:12 PM

99 grand prix. Abs and check eng8ne light on.
When I push brake pedal it flutter. Don't have
money to have mechanic funds. How do I check
the brake fluid to see if that's the issue?

15

Check the level to make sure it is up to the max line. It could be many reasons for the brakes to be doing that. Pads, Rotors, calipers etc. start by checking the fluid. For Brakes you definitely want an expert to check. some smaller shops might check it for you if you ask them.

69,475

Most likely the ABS light is on because of a bad hub bearing assembly. The ABS wheel sensors are incorporated in the hub assembly. They're troublesome. To find out exactly what is going on you'll need to have the ABS computer scanned. Same deal with the check engine light. Most auto parts stores will scan the computer for free. Post the trouble codes from the scan here and we can help further. HTH. -Jim