Can my 2011 gmc sierra 1500 5.3L pull a 36 feet travel trailer

Asked by Oct 14, 2016 at 06:31 AM

I want to get a tt its a sunset trail 36 feet dry weight
is 7000 pounds can my gmc 1500 pull that much
weight

...

Avalos806 take a look at your manual to be certain. It should be on page 9-99. There is more than just engine size that goes into determining the towing capacity. For instance Chevy started selling truck with different gear ratios to help increase fuel economy, but it is not labelled anywhere. I am not sure when they started doing this( I am pretty sure it was after 2011), but it is something you need to find out on your truck. Lastly you may want to consider buying a weight distribution hitch to help distribute some of the tongue weight. Long story yes you should be fine to pull your trailer, but there are some items to check first.