how do i finen ace a car

Asked by Oct 04, 2016 at 07:43 PM

How do i get a loan. How do i finenace a car?

130

Many dealers can arrange financing for a car that you purchase from them. Alternatively you can go to your own bank or credit union for financing. That is a good place to start.

1,940

Do NOT go through any dealer to get financing, Lynn. They get a kickback from the lending institution, and you know who pays that kickback. Go to a bank and arrange your own financing. They will tell you everything you need to know.

130

Dealers get paid a commission on finance deals, that's true. However in many instances their buy rate as a dealer is quite a bit less than the retail rate quoted to customers who come in the front door of the bank. This is especially true on new cars when the manufacturers captive finance arm is offering subsidized rates as an incentive. To counsel someone to never use a dealer's financing sources is to do them a disservice as often they can get a better deal through the dealer. In my 30+ years in the industry I have been able to beat the rate offered by a client's bank more often than not and yes I received a commission when doing so. The client got a better rate and I got paid. Sounds like a win-win to me.