Title jumped title

Asked by Sep 24, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Question type: General

I bought a car with an unfinished title. The last
person that bought the car didn t sign his name as
the "name purchaser" but signed the "signature of
all purchasers" I have no way of contacting the
person who signature is on there. Can I still get it
transferred into my name? Missouri title

1 Answer


You'll probably have to contact your DMV directly. Typically to transfer a title the seller and buyer both have to sign it in the presence of a notary public or before the title clerk. It seems from your description the seller is not present to sign the title, nor is the signature notarized. (I'm assuming you also do not have a bill of sale?) Most states make you go through the "abandoned property" route to transfer a title in that situation, and it is a long drawn out process.

1 people found this helpful.

Your Answer:


General Experts

  • #1
    Tom Demyan
  • #2
  • #3
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.