2004 Cavalier dies,starts up afte a few minutes.

Asked by Sep 24, 2016 at 02:35 AM

Hi. My 2004 Cavalier will stall and then start back up afte sitting a few minutes. I recently replaced
the IGNITION MODULE and this is when this started. Could this be an isolated problem or could I
have a bad IGNITION MODULE even though it's new? Also I'm thinking the fuel pump is going but
was told when a fuel pump goes out it will not act up,it will just die. I haven't checked fuel pressure
when the car dies but I'm thing it's either the fuel pump or the ECM going out.

7,815

Well, either one will be easy to diagnose. Check spark at the plugs. if u do have spark, check fuel pressure and if you don't have spark, trace back and check if the module has signal going in, if it doesn't, it could be the ECM, if it does, u have a faulty module.