94 Camry. 180,000 miles. Car has run fine for 2 years but I drive it on my bi-weekly 4 hour trip. Halfway into the drive my car started bogging down and hesitating at 45 mph. Going uphill it slows to 35 mph. If I put the pedal to the floor, rpm's go up but car doesn't speed up. If I gradually press and release the accelerator in a pumping motion on flat ground or down hill, it does speed up somewhat (still with hesitation) I put trains fluid in cause it was a but low. Car drove good again for 2 hours and boom...hesitation. It just comes out of the blue. 0-45 it drives perfectly fine. I can punch it/gradually accelerate and it's fine. One note, it does not do it every time, but at this point it's about 75-80% of the time. Any help is appreciated

Ken Dudley

Asked by Sep 23, 2016 at 08:58 PM

Sounds like the overdrive gear is not engaging. Could be the overdrive band is burnt or torque convertor located inside the transaxle is worn. Since it was low on fluid, then there is a leak. Keep the level consistent if it is low again. Low on fluid means excess heat which trans's don't like. Time to have have the trans diagnosed.