close account

Asked by Sep 20, 2016 at 09:38 PM

this is my 3rd request to close my account.  Is there a reason why you are not complying? there are no tabs to click on for delete ad or close account, I checked everywhere on your site.

Cancelling Your CarGurus Registration You can cancel your registration with us by e-mailing, or by placing your email address in the subject of the e-mail. We will send you an e-mail to confirm your request. After we receive confirmation, we will remove your information from our active database, but some information may remain in our archives for our own corporate recordkeeping and logs under law and in the event of possible future litigation. As a practical matter, given the number of car sellers, dealers or manufacturers, we may not be able to remove your information from car sellers, dealers or manufacturers’ databases, if we have transmitted any information to them.

why should it be so hard to close an account? Something doesn't seem to be right.