car won't start

Asked by Sep 17, 2016 at 11:08 AM

One minute car will start just fine the next it
won't...I tried all the little tricks that works some
time...it still has the factory radio but it doesn't
work and this is sooooooo annoying I got the car
used and only had it for 3weeks of course none of
this was a issue to begin with which sucks help
please  it's a 2002 chevy impala

75

Clean your battery connections is my first thought. I have had this come up with many vehicles starts and runs fine then the next time you'll either get the clicking of the solenoid or just nothing. Then you'll go out the next time and it'll start or not. These symptoms have always come down to cleaning the battery connections for me. The next thing to check will be to make sure the ground wire is grounded well. Not sure on your car where it grounds to, but should be to the frame somewhere. Just make sure that connection is good.

1,115

Agree with Robert. bad/loss ground is your main suspect. when wire get hot they don't conduct as good. Well said Robert. Good luck Jazmin.:-)

1,900

There are so many reasons a car won’t start. It could be a weak battery, corroded cables, main relay, no gas because of either no gas in the tank, or the fuel pump isn’t working properly, or it has a clogged fuel filter. It could be a bad spark plug, bad plug wire, or a combination of the two, carburetor choke, water in the distributor cap, bad points, bad injectors, accelerator pump, timing, broken timing belt, engine is flooded, a vacuum leak, or even a bad temperature sensor, or a combination of some or all of these. A blown head gasket will also prevent your car from starting if the engine is a four cylinder with two dead cylinders.

Thanks guys y'all made me feel a little better now off to find someone to get the job done!

I also failed to mention the security pass lock is what I believe to be the problem