career

20

Asked by Sep 16, 2016 at 07:48 PM

I'm a senior in high school and I want to become a auto
technician and detailer. Should I go to a technical school for
two years and learn and get certified. Also take some detailing
Seminars and classes During the summer? I'm a very talented
runner and could get a full ride to a 4 year college but schools
don't ever have these majors. Any tips and advice?

54,605

Technical school.

104,375

An accredited Technical School would give you the best chance and get your ASE certifications, and some even have a hiring list upon graduation so you can start right away. As far as a detailer, I'm sure you will find that working on cars will bring you more money than detailing them. Many many years ago when I started out I was detailing cars while I got my schooling done then started working on cars full time and the detailing became a sideline, and in a few years I just stopped doing that altogether when I started making more money working on cars and trucks, all of this was before the NASE was even started, eventually everyone got certified if you wanted to keep working on vehicles as most shops wouldn't even look at you if you weren't, then somewhere in that time line NASE went to ASE, You won't get rich, but if your good you can live comfortably. Good Luck on your career choice.

261,955

Check out Ferris state University...http://catalog.ferris.edu/catalog/2016-2017/program/4971

261,955

http://catalog.ferris.edu/catalog/2016-2017/program/4983

35

Bee in the used cars and trucks more than 45 years.Sales retail and wholesaler as well.More than 40 owning my own business.Started as a car detailer and lot boy.hours sucked but i listened.worked my way up and took over my bsses business.That being said.School first.work part time.doing anything.experience is the best.Its an up and down business.you never retire because its a great career.Ocer the years you will know a good car from a bad just by looking at it.Good luck

104,375

Believe me you will want to retire when its time. I thought long and hard about it, my customers were disappointed but understood when it's time, it's time.