86 s10 ecmb fuse keeps blowing

Asked by Sep 07, 2016 at 07:00 PM

Figured out the ecmb fuse was blown change it
and truck ran fine for a few days now I have blown
6 fuses in two days.help please

92,865

Intermittent shorts are the pits too find, your best bet is too drag out the wiring diagrams for the ECMB circuits and trace them down individually. I had on GM car that would do this, it would blow a fuse if the engine was revved too 1800 rpm's, it didn't make any difference if it was sitting or driving, short story it was the mass air flow sensor, unplugged it and it quit blowing the fuse, replaced the sensor no more fuse blowing. I can tell you it took me a while to find it.

I've traced out all the wires and fuel pump is grounded properly only other thing I can think of is the oil pressure sensor but I'm not sure how to check that

92,865

If this rig has an oil pressure sensor it is only for the fuel pump shut off, when the oil pressure drops too low it will shut off the fuel pump. But I don't think this rig has that unit.