Ease of access

Asked by Sep 06, 2016 at 09:13 PM

Due to back and hip problems I need a vehicle that is 3" to 5" taller than my Vibe and does not have  a "lip" to lift my legs over when getting in a out of the vehicle.  Any suggestions?

251,505

Your looking to purchase an smaller SUV or Crossover. Lots to choose from.

17,915

I had issues with back and pelvis alignment and went to a Chiropractor for years and one day he say my little car (Honda) that had low seat, high rib to get my feet over and said get a truck and I did actually 2 but after a short while I only had to go back a few times and have not been back in 5 years. Its so much easier to step up the to crouch down, I am so glad he told me that, thought I would share it with you.

17,915

I chose an F150. I used to basically fall into the seat of my Honda and had to crouch my spine head down to get in and he was leaving when he saw me leaving and said get a truck and he said even he had to go see a Chiropractor too and I watch as he walked over to his full size truck and jump on no problem. I looked around made my plans drove some to find which one was good for me and felt sporty and comfortable and for me it was the F150 1998 I still drive it. Its only needed basic maintenance and has lasted years longer then my other vehicles.

50,855

Although I like the Ford F-150 very much, try a Honda Ridgeline. We leased one a few years back and I remember it was very easy to get in an out of.