title

Asked by Sep 02, 2016 at 11:25 AM

How is these dealerships can advertise a
car that they have had for 5 months ... And
the customer has to still wait for a title ..
After signing papers of a sale ! And I get I
hope it's here tomorrow ... Not everyone  
likes this !  Really kinda screwed up....

55

are you financing the car or you paid cash ?

Financing put 7,000 down ... Says on your site Im pretty sure I read been on market for 5 months....

No title in hand how is that possible ! I realize it takes couple weeks before it comes or in banks name but ... To hope it's will be tomorrow ... Is not incouraging just saying

55

are you finance with buyhere/payhere or bank ? in both ways ,you don't get the title into you pay of your car . dealer can sell car with no title in had and need to do P.O.F . Also , sometimes we run to title problem with auction ,like sometimes is the old owner didn't sign it or lost ... it happened before to me and took us around 6months to get title of a car from auction . im assuming that you have hard plates ,so he gave dmv a promise letter to provide the title asa he get it . you need to worry if you don't trust the dealer and if you don't get it next few months . if you want to give me your plate or vin # and i can check if there something that i can tell you more .

No title in hand how is that possible ! I realize it takes couple weeks before it comes or in banks name but ... To hope it's will be tomorrow ... Is not incouraging just saying , no letter ,nothing least if that was case I'm waiting on rmv1 to be sent to my ins. Co .

No hard plate new plates and registration, just waiting on title , I was told he applied for it and he hope it comes in tomorrow maybe you can contact dealer and let them know there options w/a promise letter ...

55

so you still in temporary plates ? they will not like that i talk ,i wouldn't mind but maybe ask them first . you can't find a solution if you don't know the issue . we don't know the real reason why he doesn't have the title . did the bank contact you for job verification or else ? what's your state ?

31,425

I would go have a nice visit with the dealer. I would speak to the manager or owner and I would get very loud if necessary.

Massachusetts I've been approved for loan got payment amount. signed all papers got contract ... It's only been a few days but I figured they would have a title or something to keep process moving forward . My ins. Waiting on RMV1 to stamp and send back so they (dealer) can go to registry and pay sales tax title fees and new plates. Thing is I have 7,000 out and nothing in return , I do trust dealer to a point . Just wanted advise . And don't want to be a pain in the ass . Just seems odd ... That process can't move forward .

77,895

When I purchased my last car it took 20 days just to get the paperwork showing the title was in process and then it took 4 months to finally get the title from DVM. I had called DMV after the first 30 days to find out if the title was even there and they told me that is is taking longer and longer to get the titles reprinted and it is happening to everyone. So it may not e the dealer but the DMV.

55

most of those dealer use floor plan ( there is bank that they pay for cars when they get them from auction and they keep the title ) . it might be that . nothing to worry about it so far , i though you have been months with no title lol !! you have recipe and contract so you are covered . Dealer can register the car for you with a promise letter as i told you . just give it some time and it should be fine . you still safe and for you knowing your rights , dealer must register the lien with in 30 days or sell can be canceled . what was the car ?

2013 jeep unlimited Sahara /commando green very nice Jeep

Ty I'll be patient .... Only few days in !

55

congratulation ,yes it's nice Jeep . did you buy it from the jeep dealer ?if so ,no worry and i don't think that there is nothing to worry about except the dealer have bad reputation or salesman trying to do something . in all the conditions , nothing to worry about it since it's been few days since you got it .