Security Key? Remote start?

Asked by Aug 27, 2016 at 02:44 AM

Question type: General

Under the steering wheel toward the bottom by the
pedals I found a little red light and electronic key
that came on when I replaced a fuse for interior
lighting. It's not stock, definitely something
aftermarket but I don't have any idea what it is,
could it be some sort of security system or maybe
something for remote start or keyless entry? It is
just a key that can be pulled out and it has little
metal plates on it that slide into a little housing
with metal prongs that touch the metal plates on
the key. The housing that the key slides into has
wires that I'd assume is wired to the ignition?a

1 Answer


Can you post a picture to this post?

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search General Questions

UK Questions

Are you a UK consumer? CarGurus now has a discussion forum in the UK.

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 42,610
Reputation 35,980
#3 FordNut
Reputation 29,590
View All