antitheft on a 2001 ford explorer sport

Asked by Aug 26, 2016 at 07:35 PM

How do I bypass the antitheft on my 2001
Ford Explorer Sport, it keeps cutting off
either while driving or in park, sometimes it
wont start at all, it shifts or jerks while
driving after the anti theft light has came on
but then goes off, please someone help me

12,595

copy and paste: Scan it for codes, It might NOT be the anti theft.

OK let me just start from the beginning, back in April, I went to Houston to visit my mom, and accidentally left the headlights on, and had to get a boost. So one of my mom ederly friends gave me a boost, but she hooked the cables up wrong on her vehicle and it started smoking on my battery post, for about 10 seconds, until we noticed it and took the cables off. Then we hooked the cables up right, and I received a boost correctly. Well a week later, that's when the problems started. First my headlights went out, while I was driving, they both went out at the same time, they just faded out. Only the bright lights work, and that's only if I hold the blinker switch backwards. OK then I replaced the lights, cause I thought that it was the bulbs, well it wasn't cause they still didn't come on. Then as I'm getting back into my truck to go home, the truck wouldn't start. I was at AutoZone at the time, so they came out to see if any codes would come up, and none came up. So I had it towed home. And it's been dying on me every since that boost. So just a few minutes ago, I went and took some fuses out to see if they were pushed in all the way, which they were, and the truck started up, and then died after about 3 minutes. So I tried to crank it again and it didn't, but while the key was still in, I pushed the entire fuse panel inward and the damn truck started. Omg, I know it's something simple and I would hate to give up on this truck, cause it's in great condition, but I'm very frustrated, please help me