TOO MUCH AIR?

10

Asked by Aug 26, 2016 at 04:46 PM

I disconnected the fuel pump from the air filter and started the engine. Then I
reconnected the fuel pump to the air filter and the car does crank up, but it
totally idles if I let go of the gas pedal. I use a carburetor system. What's wrong
with my car?

7,255

it is not an air filter it is a fuel filter. is there spark? what kind of car is it?

10

sorry, I made a mistake, it is the fuel filter. I dont see no sparks. It's a toyota 1979 truck. The fuel pump does work to my knowledge because it makes a sound when I turn the key on, and the fuel filter fills up with fuel. I wonder if I screwed the carburetor with too much air that the fuel pump sucked in when I cranked the car on while the fuel pump was disconnected from the gas source.