91 ranger started hopping to right shut off and won't start again.

Asked by Aug 25, 2016 at 12:28 PM

91 ranger was pulling small car and got
into some soft dirt started hopping to the
right and shut off won't start again it's
getting power and turning over

46,065

If it hopped fairly severely it could have tripped the fuel shut off inertia switch. If the switch has been tripped, just push the button to reset it.

46,065

Located inside on the passengers side up on the firewall. Near and behind the glovebox.

Mr. Bob. We have already did that and nothing happened. Any other suggestions?

46,065

You need to determine if you are missing fuel, spark or compression. A very small blast of starting fluid into the intake and it hits means it is missing fuel. Nothing with starting fluid means it is missing spark. What engine do you have?