Chevy s10

Asked by Aug 24, 2016 at 08:34 PM

I have a 2003 Chevy s10 that gets hot after 20
minutes of driving in the afternoon. When I drive to
work in the morning everything stay at the proper
temperature. I changed the radiator a week ago
because it had a leak and the temperature rising
started about two weeks ago. When I turn on the
heater it cools the engine to the proper heating
levels.

Check the Thermistat that it may be in backwards or did you replace it at all?

The thermostats wasn't replaced. I took it to a shop to have the radiator replaced. Should the thermostat be switched out when replanting the radiator? Could it be a blown head gasket?

Here's an update, I just changed the thermostat and once again had the cracked radios replaced last week and the engine it still heats up more than it should. When I got home I poped the hood and normally you can see heat waves coming from the engine but today that wasn't the case. I'm clueless on what else needs to be done. I forgot to mention I did put a radiator sealant prior to changing my radiator so that could be an issue? Should I get a radiator flush? I also checked for all signs of a blown head gasket but everything checks out fine. I would think a blown head gasket would get hot right away and reach the red zone in a matter of minutes?